Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Beginning of the Journey

1/15/13

I am writing this blog partially to help my sanity in getting through all this and partially to share information to help others.  My son was diagnosed a month ago with Nephrotic Syndrome.  We started on prednisone after the diagnosis by the Pediatric Nephrologist.  He has not had any swelling, we found out about it totally by chance as I asked my pediatrician to do some blood work to find out why he gets sick alot and has so much fatigue.  It was discovered after the blood work and the urine tests.  Jackson has been on prednisone for 3 weeks so far with no result.  I plan to start him on a gluten free diet on Saturday as I hear that can help NS.  Also, he is on a low sodium diet as prescribed by the nephrologist.  We will schedule a kidney biopsy in a few weeks if there is no change.



No comments:

Post a Comment